Sunday, May 18, 2008

My chest overflows with sorrow, ribs bulging and heart throbbing for something seemingly unattainable. My dreams are constantly contradicting what desire maintains as my conscious. I am blindfolded, gagged, and my hands are tied behind my back. I am plunged in water, submerged into the tepths of eternal black. I wrestle with panic and delerium, the chance of gulping for air never present. The currant is pulling me. I am tossed and shredded like a leaf in a ravaging storm, and my bindings are then broken. My hands are free. Peel the blindfold from my brown and what do i see? Tell me. It is not azure to orange fucking grey, that is for sure. I see nothing. I see everything only on the vivid canvas of my mind, painted in precious memories and penciled in beginnings. But here, outside, i can see nothing. I merely sense with my eyes the absence of light. Black would be too kind of a pigment to assign to this blasphemous empty vulgarity.

The escape must come. The sea cannot continue forever, and eventually this torso will be supported by hips to legs and feet on firm ground. This is by no means a once again situation. Le me make this clear, pristine as the waters wake i tread in, i will finally have something - somewhere - eventually, to plant my feet down and call home. This journey may kill me, but certain aspects need to die. In the very least, i can say that i tried.

My ears have never popped with the relief of pressure. This leaves a pointless residue; strategies of recovery to supply demand for movement. Only minor shifts in substantial pressure have passed from this skull to other parts of the body, but the sum has always maintained its own sort of equilibrium. The result has always been overwhelming stress, until now. This is the time to be out and to live unconventionally.

Most of the time, living is superficial. Meaningless things comfort the self just so it can eat during waking hours and to sleep at night; motivation to wake and rise and toil at senseless tasks for hours. And these, pitiful Americans, have it so easy! The people on the hierarchy below them suffer so much more, and they are the overwhelming majority. Yes, I am too one of this culture, but as one i observe a certain right. I denounce my faith in the putrid desires most call lives! I spit in the face of constitutional and industrial rights.

Fuck off. This mind numbing sense of serenity is not enough! It has never been and it never will be. I will steal it back. Drifting to the shores from an endless ocean, unable to see, is not enough to stop this ragged doll. Merely as a patched up child, that is the sight i need to steal everything - to begin a process of taking back what belongs to a people, a world, and all life as we know it. You can dump all of these bodies into this sea of sunken desires; some will still find a shore and break their bindings, while others will sprout wings from their backs and rise as angels.

Horns made from shell or bone, we will rally, and the feeling of alone will have to perish.

Love is revolutionary. Love will drag corpses from immortality so that they can lead one happy and mortal life. Love will strike the hearts of the young, the most vulnerable of all ragged minds.

just please, take the empty away. One ray of light is all we need to find shore...

***

Facing certain cords of distress,
Be careful-
Do not pull so hard,
Or my heart and guts will flush-
Flesh will flail onto the pavement,
And once again,
Humpty Dumpty will need to be put back together again.
If you just so happen to pull the correct cord,
I will reveal to you-
Euphoria.
Eureka!
All loves of the world,
And the blemishes covered-
They will be unveiled-
One must prevail
And another may proceed.
Take the chance of the cords,
And one just might succeed.

***

Echinacea-
Revel in the digestive tract.
Show this soul your wrath-
Revitalization.
Share the plan with doubt,
And then coincide.
Everything has a special way,
Of simply,
Working out.

No comments: