Saturday, May 17, 2008

At The Grand Ave. Cafe

As expected, i made the ride very quickly, and although the wind was rough, my body was revitalized from sleep. The wind was gusting awfully, but the height of hills decreased drastically. Being relatively flat, the hills that did reside on the traveled land were light and rolling - there was always more than one.

The highlight of the ride was when i was going west on County Highway CC into Altoona. On the opposite side of the road stood a shitzu. I cautiously watched it, because everybody knows what dogs think when vehicles ride past. Even little dogs can be capable of a lot, so when i started pedalling for my life, i was worried about being hurt or hurting the dog. The chase commenced. The dog began running towards me at the crest of a hill, going down, so naturally i gained a head start. There wouldn't have been anything to worry about, except what i was descending upon was a hill even higher then the first. I was unsure how long i could maintain the momentum and the head start. As ambitious as this pursuing creature was, it was all bark and no bite. It chased after me for much longer then the pair of dogs yesterday, but had quite without ever tasting rubber, steel, or flesh.

Scooter, i think i am going to get some pepper spray before i leave Eau Claire.





***

Ambition Screams,
The tast of stale coffee looms,
Welcome.
Rest here after one-hundred and twenty miles of hard work.
Atleast enjoy the company-
Companions of old,
And seek refuge in the arms of Eau Claire,
City of the Chippewa Valley

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's my house : )

ps. I was extremely ambitious after you departed this morning. I packed a lot (even though there's still a lot left), deflated my bed, took my silverware down off my window : ( finished Harry Potter (!), and more. I hope you were/are just as ambitious on your bike ride.