Thursday, April 24, 2008

Introduction

So, i suppose this is the best time to introduce this blog.

The purpose of this blog is for the people that care to see what my life is becoming in the next weeks, months, and year(s). I will be sharing where i am, encounters with people, enthralling activities i partake in, thoughts that pass my mind, prose, poetry, photographs, and many similar things. I am sure there will be moments of thick updating, and others where the pickings are slim. I am sure i will transfer many things over from my journal to this blog, but i will be posting them to the date i wrote them in my journal. Yes, you can do that on blogspot, but i will notify it in a current post or somehow that i did so, so those of you who are interested, can go back and read.

I am to embark on a journey via bicycle around the country. I will take the essentials with me, accompanied by a few luxuries; the obvious bicycle goods, other obvious things such as clothes, sleeping bag, tent, guitar, music player, and the afore mentioned journal. I will be leaving from Appleton, Wisconsin to (in this approximate order) waupaca, steven's point, eau claire, minneapolis, la crosse, madison, sheboygan, milwaukee, chicago, maybe lower michigan, chicago again, bloomington indiana, columbus ohio, clevland, defiance ohio, western pennsylvania, and then kentucky/tennessee. From there, Around mid-fall i will be shooting for mississippi, lousiana, texas, all the way out to california and then up oregon and washington. This last portion isn't too throughly planned out, but i want to keep it somewhat spontaneous. eventually, i will wiggle my way back to appleton, but exactly when or what i will do afterwards is up to the decisions i make in the near future.

I am leaving on May 9; 2008.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Billy, come visit me if you make it up to Oregon!!

I cant serve you coffee, but if you're lucky... Ill buy you a forty. Best of luck and see you on the road, hopefully.

Myke